Mish Mash challenge #1: purple

Ops, I did it again! As Britney was singing few years ago.

Yes, I couldn’t resist Kimber’s team of ladies for a new challenge so here we go again!

Ops, I did it again! Ci sono ricascata, come cantava Britney qualche annetto fa.

Ebbene sì, non sono riuscita a resistere al gruppo di blogger capitanate da Kimber (le stesse con cui ho fatto l’ultima ABC) e alla loro nuova challenge, quindi che dire? Si comincia!

MISH MASH LIST

The kick-off is purple and these ladies deserve more than a plain swatch. I was also thinking it’s quite a long time since I last use one of my favourite Italian brands: Shaka. So that’s where I started from! A purple gradient with Shaka Ternder (lilac with pink shimmer) and Shaka Heartbroken (purple with bronze shimmer). These two polishes are just amazing, I’ll have to post them on their own, too.

Anyway, on one hand I did darker tips and on the other hand I reversed the same gradient. Loved them both :)

Si comincia con il viola, e uno swatch nudo e crudo non è certo all’altezza di questo gruppo di donne davvero creative. Stavo anche pensando che è un po’ che non vi faccio vedere niente di Shaka, che come sapete è ormai uno dei miei marchi preferiti. Quindi ho cominciato proprio da lì: una gradient con lo Shaka Ternder (un lilla con shimmer rosa) e lo Shaka Heartbroken (un viola con shimmer bronzo). Questi due smalti sono fantasmagorici, devo farvedli vedere da soli al più presto!

Cmq, su una mano ho fatto le punte scure mentre sull’altra il contrario. Mi sono piaciute entrambe le versioni :)

Shaka Ternder + Shaka Heartbroken gradient

Shaka Ternder + Shaka Heartbroken gradient

Then I picked one of Shaka’s 2013 glitter, this is called Fairy and it has big hex pink and lilac glitters and small hex blue glitters. The result is a bit too dark for me to wear in this season but it’s awesome nevertheless!

Also, on one hand I layered more glitters while the other one has sparse one. I prefer the latter.

Poi ho preso uno dei nuovi glitter 2013: lo Shaka Fairy, che si compone di glitter esagonali grandi rosa e lilla e più piccoli blu. Il risultato finale è un po’ troppo scuro per me in questa stagione ma cmq carinissimo.

Su una mano ho messo più glitter, sull’altra meno. Preferisco la versione coi glitter più sparsi.

Shaka Fairy

Shaka Fairy

Shaka Fairy

Shaka Fairy

Shaka Fairy

And because I have a couple friends who like to mattify everything I decided to make them happy! This is the suede version with Essence Soft Touch top coat.

E siccome ho un paio di smaltamiche che farebbero tutto matte ho deciso di farle felici! Questa è la versione suede fatta usando l’Essence Soft Touch Top Coat.

Shaka Fairy + Essence Soft Touch top coat

Quite nice, too, isn’t it?

I hope you liked my kick-off and let me know which hand and look you liked best!

Carina anche così, vero?

Spero che vi sia piaciuto il mio inizio e fatemi sapere quale mano e quale look vi piace di più!

42 Comments

  1. Carine tutte le versioni, brava! *___*
    Gli Shaka piacciono tanto anche a me, ma ormai lo sanno anche i muri... Come sanno anche che voglio trovar le novità al più presto! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie! Ho come il sentore che quando tu troverai le novità ci sarà già qualcosa di nuovo in giro :p

      Delete
  2. ...molto bella questa nail art...complimenti!!!...bellissimi colori e carinissimo lo smalto glitteroso!!!
    ...un bacione!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant manicure, it really looks awesome *.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Simona, this is ONE good way to start the challenge! :D Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mat, mat, MAT!!!
    Scusate, mi ricompongo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! And I love Heartbroken!!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love Hearbroken, too, but I have the feeling it might be a dupe to OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? from the Holland collection. And I have that one in my untried box!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful mani either way, but I have to say I really like the way this looks matte :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hands both look fabulous, Simona! Great way to start the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Matte is the new black! *_*
    L'abbinamento dei due viola mi piace molto, Il topper è la morte sua....
    Che dire, chapeau per l'ennesima challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amo le gradient, e questi shimmerini sono davvero favolosi! Il glitter poi ci sta davvero bene *____*

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I love the gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mani is perfection!! I love the gradient and glitter; the matte top coat just puts it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit the matte tc really did the job this time!

      Delete
  13. Well done Simona! That glitter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the two colors you chose for the gradient - the transition is perfect! Beautiful beginning to this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shimmer in those polishes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you did a reverse gradient! The glitter topped it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This mani looks gorgeous both glossy and mattified! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning manicure!! I'm a sucker for anything matte but I think it looks really beautiful both ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, Simona!!!!! <3

    These are so sick. I am LOVING them, like crazy!!! There's all sorts of celestial things going on with this mani. The gradient is so reminiscent of a night time sky, and with the glitter. OMG.

    Great mani, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both these colors! They look amazing together! And that glittah!!!! LOVE~!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Che bella sfida!! Bellissimo il gradient, mi sto innamorando di quella tecnica!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Io ho Ternder ed è stupendo!
    Bellissima nail art, io la preferisco decisamente lucida!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Please feel welcome to leave a comment, it would make my day! If you have a blog in your profile I will come visit you soon, but please do not leave links.
--
Grazie per aver visitato il mio blog. Sappiate che un commento fa sempre piacere :) Per favore non lasciate link, se avete un blog nel vostro profilo lo visiterò al più presto!